Tuesday, April 1, 2008

In loving memory...

Our dear friend Ryan was taken away from us 3 yrs ago today. I just wanted to pay tribute to him here today. His life was cut short at only 20 yrs old. Loss is a tragic thing, but apart of life, God has a plan for everything and he had a plan for Ryan. Ryan loved Jesus with all of his heart and I know that he is in a better place in heaven. He worked with Robby at Les Schwab and we became great friends. Robby and him loved having FUN, but he also was so loving and caring! I want to send love to his family on this very difficult day. We will keep a candle burning for you today and keep you with us always. We love and miss you! Ryan in our garage
DONT GRIEVE FOR ME,
FOR NOW I'M FREE ,
I'M FOLLOWING THE PATH GOD LAID FOR ME.
I TOOK HIS HAND WHEN I HEARD HIS CALL,
I TURNED MY BACK AND LEFT IT ALL.
I COULD NOT STAY ANOTHER DAY,TO LAUGH,TO LOVE,TO WORK, OR PLAY.
TASKS LEFT UNDONE MUST STAY THAT WAY,
I`VE FOUND THAT PEACE AT THE CLOSE OF THE DAY.
IF MY PARTING HAS LEFT A VOID,
THEN FILL IT WITH REMEMBERED JOY.
A FRIENDSHIP SHARED, A LAUGH, A KISS, AH, YES THESE THINGS I , TOO, WILL MISS. BE NOT BURDENED WITH TIMES OF SORROW,
I WISH FOR YOU THE SUNSHINE OF TOMORROW.
MY LIFES BEEN FULL, I SAVORED MUCH,
GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD TIMES, A LOVED ONES TOUCH.
PERHAPS MY TIME SEEMED ALL TOO BRIEF,
DON'T LENGTHEN IT NOW WITH UNDUE GRIEF.
LIFT UP YOUR HEARTS AND SHARE WITH ME.
GOD WANTED ME NOW,
HE SET ME FREE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute.....Love you all. Suzanne

Shalyse said...

that is so sweet Savannah! I can't believe it's already been 3 years.

Megan and Dan said...

oh Ryan was so much fun, too sad that he is gone so young I can't bieleve it has been 3 years...now I can;t focus as I am up working:(((
Love you and you are very very sweet friend!!
Miss ya,
Meg

Amber said...

What a sweet post! Yea Colby will be 8 months tomorrow...time goes by so fast it is amazing! Is he crawling yet? Jack is going backwards all over the place...it is the funnest thing! He will only go forwards a few crawls than stops. He was 10 lbs 8 oz when he was born!! Yeah I know what your thinking....HUGE!!!! :-) But thank goodness for C- Sections!! :)

The Dyer family said...

Amber - He is a big boy and so cute! I also had a C-section after hrs and hrs of labor, not fun but all worth it in the end :) CJ is not crawling yet but so so SO close..anyday now!